Student Financial Services
You must have one of these payment arrangements in place by the payment due date or your class registration may be canceled. If you are unable to attend, it is up to you to drop your courses. The only way to get a 100% credit of your tuition and mandatory fee charges is to drop your courses by the add/drop deadline. If you remain registered past the add/drop deadline, you are no longer eligible for a 100% credit of tuition and mandatory fees. See the withdrawal refund schedule for details about pro-rated credits of tuition and mandatory fees when you withdraw from the semester.
Paying your student account balance online is the FASTEST payment method!
Payment by Check, Cash, Credit Card, and select 529 Plans - Effective July 2018 Credit Card payments only accepted online!
- Online with a credit/debit card or personal check (electronic check) using TigerPay. Morehouse College accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express credit cards for student account payments. There is a 2.75% (4.25% for international cards) convenience fee for paying with a credit/debit card. There is no fee for paying with an electronic check. Log into the Morehouse portal and follow the steps below to view and pay your account balance online:
- Select the “BannerWeb” icon
- Enter your Ellucian login credentials (first name.last name, and myPortal password)
- Select the “Student Services and Financial Aid” menu item
- Select the “Student Account” link
- Select the “View/Pay Student Account” link
- In Person at the Cashier’s Office by cash or check. The Cashier’s office is located in room 200 Gloster Hall. Office Hours are 9:00AM EST – 5:00PM EST Monday – Friday.
- By mail. Send checks or money orders payable to Morehouse College, Attn: Cashier Office – Rm 200 Gloster Hall, 830 Westview Drive. S.W., Atlanta, GA 30314-3773. You must include the student’s name and student ID number (M number).
Returned Payments: A $59 returned payment fee is assessed for any type of returned payment applied to your account whether paid by you or a third party.
You may be eligible for financial assistance (loans, scholarships, grants) to help with your college expenses. Review the financial aid process for information about applying. Be sure to complete all your outstanding requirements by the payment due date, or be prepared to use another method to pay your balance. Any amount not covered by your financial aid award must be paid by the deadline using another approved method. Your financial aid must be ready to pay (authorized) to be considered for financial clearance.
Pay the cost of tuition, fees, room and board for the semester by participating in one of College’s designated payment plans.
Receive a student account payment deferral for external funds which are not administered by our Financial Aid Office. Credit is extended for reliable sources of funding from employers, foundations, universities or other organizations which are known to the College. To have your bill paid by a third party, formal billing arrangements may be required and must be set up and approved by Student Accounts before the term begins.
Some Veterans may be eligible for assistance with their educational expenses. You will need to apply to the Veterans Administration and have your schedule certified by our Registrar’s office. Tuition assistance programs such as Go Army are handled through sponsored billing.
AmeriCorps is a program that provides tuition vouchers for volunteers in service to America. To use your AmeriCorps vouchers, you must first request funds via the AmeriCorps website.